I just made this recipe the other day and it is amazing! I also used pumpkin spice instead of cinnamon and it was so good for fall. I am gluten free and dairy free so this fits my needs but if you only need gluten free then you can use regular butter and chocolate chips.
Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Banana Bread
Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free
- 2-3 very ripe bananas, peeled
- 1/3 cup melted butter (I use Earth Balance dairy and soy free)
- 1 cup of sugar (can easily use 3/4 cup, or drop it down to 1/2 cup if you want it less sweet)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose gluten-free flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill but you can use brown rice flour or almond meal flour)
- 1 teaspoons Xanthium Gum
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life dairy-free chips)
- 1 teaspoon or so of cinnamon (I tend to just dash it in and you can substitute with pumpkin spice)
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C), and butter a 4×8-inch loaf pan.
In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour. Mix in the cinnamon, xanthan gum and chocolate chips
Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes (check at 50 minutes) at 350°F (175°C), or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
Remove from oven and cool completely on a rack. Remove the banana bread from the pan. Slice and serve.
This recipe was modified from simply recipes